Thursday 29 May 2014

A sketchdump of random themes

Just gonna post some images, stuff that I've recently drawn or doodled.
For the times when my laptop's decided to not run as fast as it should.
Recently watched "Never Let me Go" which is such a heart-wrenchingly heavy film.
Had some fun with this one, initially wanted to do a dark figure standing amongst the flames but then thought a spartan with the visor lit up would look just as good.

Never played the games but couldn't get this idea (or the tune) out of my head.
Inspired by another artist's work (but my version is nowehere near as cool as hers), took a photo of the sketches in my book and coloured over them in PS. Rally Vincent and Mini May from Gunsmith Cats.


 


 Apart from doodling, I've been trying to come up with some concepts for shorts and character-driven stories for my portfolio. Below is some concepts for characters that I'd like to animate at a later date.



Post-its were used to try and find a style for the character before moving onto expressions, the coloured image is certainly not the finalized character.
(From Left to Right) Ninja, Preacher, Sushi Fish and a random Alien.
Been watching alot more Adventure Time and felt that some of the doodles I've been drawing deserved some colour as well as some attention.


This has been on before... now with colours.
A more action-orientated version of Finn n Jake.
Also found myself drawing Batman alot recently, hopefully should have some better images to upload soon.


When you find yourself in a rut, Chibi Batman is the solution.
Too much Arkham Origins.

No comments:

Post a Comment